Author

My photo
Hawaii, United States
I'm Kieran. I live in Hawaii. I like to watch movies a lot and I make them too. I also play around with flash animation, so you'll see a lot of that in my blog.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Journey In 3D

Well, after watching Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3D, I can say that it was definitely not worth it. Much like dumb action movies with too much dumb and not enough action, Journey is a 3D movie with too much headache and not enough 3D effects. The ones that are there are cool, but there are nowhere near enough to justify the movie being 3D. At this point I think the most effective way to use 3D technology is to have a 3D movie of Kurt Russell throwing chain-saws at the screen for an hour and a half. With a movie like Journey, 3D changes it from a Sci-Fi Adventure movie to an effects movie, where the plot only gets in the way, since every moment of dialogue is a moment of not actual 3D, and any moment of not actual 3D is a moment of thinking "can I take these glasses off now?"

No comments: