Author

My photo
Hawaii, United States
I'm Kieran. I live in Hawaii. I like to watch movies a lot and I make them too. I also play around with flash animation, so you'll see a lot of that in my blog.

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Samurai Jack Episode X Review

Season: 1
Plot: Jack fights through a level of a video game to get to a pretty neat 15 minute story.
Score: 8.1
Review: This is one of the first Jack episodes that carries a real emotional weight, and this puts it up there with the best of Season 1. The beginning of the episode, however, is basically like watching a video game. Although Jack is an action show, very few of it's episodes fall into this trap. The main reason I like this episode, however, is that there is someone who wants to die fighting, and Samurai Jack has to kill him. The episode doesn't have to apologise for, or cover up the death that is it's theme, which puts it above most TV.

No comments: