Author

My photo
Hawaii, United States
I'm Kieran. I live in Hawaii. I like to watch movies a lot and I make them too. I also play around with flash animation, so you'll see a lot of that in my blog.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Samurai Jack Episode XIII Review

Season: 1
Plot: Aku makes up nasty stories about Jack.
Score: 7.5
Review: This is an important pioneer episode in many ways. It is the first episode entirely focused on humor, with very little action, and is the first episode to feature a villain in the leading role, with Jack as a secondary charachter. As it is a pioneer episode, it comes off as a little awkward, leaving the viewer wondering where Jack is, and I was dumbstruck by the series' newfound humor that was so prominently featured in the second season. However, this type of humor is very silly, and, while it can be good when used effectively, can also become repetitive and annoying. It works on a hit or miss basis, and this episode is a mild hit.

No comments: