Author

My photo
Hawaii, United States
I'm Kieran. I live in Hawaii. I like to watch movies a lot and I make them too. I also play around with flash animation, so you'll see a lot of that in my blog.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

An Update From the World of Film Featuring 10 Years of Rotten Tomatoes and a new Trailer

First off, here's a video from the 10th anniversary of Rotten Tomatoes. It really shows how crappy movies attract audiences. See how many times someone's response to a film is "I liked it"

Secondly, here's a really interesting trailer, it looks amazing, I just hope they don't turn it into a Brad Pitt showcase instead of an awesome film. It's directed by David Fincher, who made the abomination of Alien 3, however, I don't blame him for it. I've heard through the web that he was brought on late into the project, and his work was constantly interfered with by the studio. Heres the trailer.

Finally, last night, I saw a new film, Fitzgaraldo ( I am certain that is not how it is spelled but I really couldn't spell it since the title is almost as strange as the film) although I found it to be too long with the style featuring minimal editing, the story was intriguing, about a man who wants to bring opera to the Amazon, but needs money, and in earning it, ends up using natives to haul a steamboat over a mountain. Weird huh?

No comments: