Author

My photo
Hawaii, United States
I'm Kieran. I live in Hawaii. I like to watch movies a lot and I make them too. I also play around with flash animation, so you'll see a lot of that in my blog.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Samurai Jack Reviews Return With My Review of Episode XXI

Season: 2
Storyboarded and Written by: I think Paul Rudish and Charlie Bean
Plot: Jack must track down a flatulent dragon.
Score: 7.5
Review: Continuing season 2's focus on humor, episode XXI begins in a silly way with British accented villagers telling jokes, and a crazy bird with his money-crazed shop owning master. However, this is one of the few Samurai Jack episodes where the humorous writing is actually successful. It would have scored higher if not for the ending, which involves Jack traveling through the innards of a dragon. Now I'm all for gross-out humor, but this seems a bit gratuitous and self-indulgent. Plus it takes up the half of the episode which would normally involve an action scene. It's imaginative, but not especially entertaining, and overall, unnecessary.

No comments: